Tuesday, June 2

Body for Life Massage Therapy

Hey all,

I spoke to a couple guys this morning and we came onto the topic of massage therapy. If you not recovering well your not going to ride well, it's that simple. Massage therpay helps alot as 'helps to minimise the after-effects of a hard session/competition. Toxins can be removed, reducing the effects of stiffness and fatigue, maintaining muscle mobilisation and speeding-up your recovery period'.
I've used about 6 different therapist over the last 2 and half years but the guy I keep going back to is Jason Tinnock. He has worked at Queensland Sports Medicine Centre and has travelled through Europe with the Australia Mountian Bike team, working daily with riders like Chris Joongeward. He is also a cyclist with both road and mountain bike experience so he understands the sport well. I went to Jason about a fortnight ago because I had absolutely terrible legs. I felt like I pedaling in squares, really tight and just couldn't put any power out. When the HR rose, the legs just felt like blocks of cement and I couldn't ride with a high cadence. He spent about 9ominutes with me sorting me out. I had needles all through my quads and was in a great deal of pain for the whole treatment! The legs were even worse after the treatment (which is normal after a deeper, more painfull masage) but after a couple of easy spins after the session to remove all the waste released from the tight muslces", I've felt fantastic since.

Jason has his own practice and works at 46 Douglas Street Milton, a few minutes walk from La Dolce Vita cafe and close to the Data3 base in Toowong. You can also book appointments online and view all the time available rather than having to call up.
The website of his practise is http://www.b4life.com.au/ or you can call him on (07) 3368 3773 or 0414 499 472.

4 comments:

DavidMelville said...

made a couple errors. I was supposed to say

" but after a couple of easy spins after the session to remove all the waste released from the tight muslces"

ScottH said...

Thanks for the recommendation. Any indication of cost?

Thanks, Scott

Shane said...

thanks Dave, sounds really good.

DavidMelville said...

Hey, he charges about $70 for a one hour appointment which is the norm for good massage therapist. If you have a private health cover than you will get some of that back. Its not cheap, but most good things aren't.