Monday, March 29
Mt Cotton Kermeese : Elite B
Riders: Damon, Jason, Chew and Adam Clark
Adam missed his Elite C race so was lucky enough to be given a chance to race up a grade with us in Elite B
The first two laps were absolutely brutal and we flew past the chasing peloton, I was thinking how the F**K am i going to keep this up for 70mins? I either maned up or the pace settled a little and we were into the swing of things..
There were quite a few dominant teams present all interested in keeping the race together so every breakaway got stuffed quickly by the riders from TriplePlay Mainline and 99 bikes. There were often calls such as 'keep it together' etc etc being yelled around the peloton
Around the driving centre is an absolutely awesome course with fast rolling hills and sweeping bends, even the up hills seem fast and it really invites you to stay in the big gears and smash your legs to pieces. It brought a smile to my face!
as the prime lap was sounded I tried to get into a position to have a sprint at the uphill finish but i was unfortunately muscled out of the way by riders that seemed to want it more and I was about 10 wheels to far back as we rounded the final bend, I choose not to contest but go for the subtle break away immediately after the prime.. Lucky there were a couple of players that came strongly out of the peloton and we got away nicely for 1.5 laps or so until we were consumed into the peloton once again.
The highlight of the race and our best shot at winning came with 2 laps (6k) to go when Jason strung the field out on the hardest of the climbs Damon and I attacked from the peloton and were quickly off the front in a nice two man break away. It was full gas as the peloton took a while to re organise and we got a nice gap quickly along the rollers on the back side of the course, I almost blew my self up along this stretch and when i waved Damon around for his turn I had to ask him to take it easy for a bit.
We both gave it absolutely everything for another lap and the peloton started to close when we were descending on the back side of the course a lone escape bridged to us and I was lucky enough to get on his wheel as he came flying past for a free pull over the rollers, I never looked back to see where the peloton was at but they must have been close, with two corners to go I attacked this guy and he let out a F**K as he was gassed and sat up I took a quick look to see where the peloton were 15-20m's back I gave it 100% but they rolled me on the last corner again..
Totally spent I crossed the line just behind the finishing bunch of 20. A skeleton of what we started with of around 50 entries.
Awesome job to Damon and Jason who really took it to them. I get to go home again with now with the frustrating score of 3 out of 3 Open events now being caught in the final corner/straight. i'm going to stick to sprinting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
credit to Adam who stayed on for 25mins of pain!
Thanks chew, but that was pain all the way.
So i I had a great view of the final lap. Chew and Damon attacked at the perfect time on the final lap on a up hill section. Full gas and they got caught. super dam
hey nice report chew.
Post a Comment