Finally after a long list of near misses in open crits, I got a result at the Anzac25 on sunday. I have raced on the course once previously in a HPRW club race and was lucky to come away with a win in A grade so I had high hopes that the hill's would sting the legs of the normal dominant sprinters.
Jason Aiden Nick and My self lined up for the EliteB race and we had a simple plan of attacking zero times, setting Aiden up for the prime and Jason and myself up for the finish sprint.
As the race unfolded we saw the constant attacks being shut down always within half a lap, so we were more than happy sitting at the back of the bunch, being towed along to the prime lap we set Aiden up perfectly when Nick splinted the peloton up the final climb and I lead Aiden onto the final straight where he was piped by a tyre width as the head wind took its toll on starting the sprint slightly to early, we averaged 47.3kph for this lap.
With everything together until the final lap, Jason and I were nervously positioned in the top 10 with large bunches always moving fast up the out side up the climbs and the risk of being boxed in was very high, lots of close calls! Nick wrecked him self as usual trying to keep control of the peloton, over the hill for the final time Jason was in the top few wheels wheel and I was boxed in about 10-15th down the decent things up for me as I took a leaf out of Limbo's book and seated sprinted to the line eating bar tape the whole sucking a wheel that moved me from 10-15th to 3rd! Cant believe it! (cheers limbo)
Jason was set up perfectly on the wheel of the eventual winner however the TriplePlay rider opened up and unfortunately left Jason in no mans land on the left hand side and with no where to hide he got passed by our train within the last 50m's.
Was a great ride for D3 I was stoked to finally get a result in a open crit, lots of riders were full of praise for our team work


No comments:
Post a Comment