Sunday started in much better conditions despite the cooler temperatures that are apparent in the Scenic Rim this time of year! J-Portas added himself to the start list today and was obviously feeling much more fresh than his three team-mates who raced the previous day! Portas took off straight from the start and obviously was enjoying his good legs! The course was a good mix of wind, hills and flats so all great for a road race! All the boys rode really well and unfortunately a Forty-Winks rider escaped during the last lap and was allowed an unassailable lead. Despite the efforts to bring him back, the chase group was never really organised and hence the lone leader was just able to hang on. Thanks to Jase I got myself in a great position going into the final kilometres and had a great run to the finish and nabbed 2nd place. However had the race been another 50m longer I'm sure I would've swept him up although the winner certainly deserved it today given his tough and courageous effort! Aiden and Jase also did awesome to finish high up in the leading bunch!
Well it was certainly an honest weekend of racing and I'm sure the D3 boys will enjoy some good rest before preparing for the next events such as the Lowood Handicap and Ipswich Teams Race.
Cheers, Damon.


3 comments:
Nice one Damon. Just really happy that beer gut man got dropped on lap one, think I will keep racing!! You have definatly prooved your finishing class.
Also great 7th finish by Aiden who looks like a bit of form comimg on. Well done.
Oh, apologies for riding like a pussie! Time to harden up!
well done damon.. hope they kick your ass back to A grade :)
wish you started your sprint 50m's earlier :)
I also rode like a pussie all weekend, have a man cold now which explains the body not being up to scratch :(
mate quite funny to see tess got some coverage haha
Post a Comment