Tuesday, June 15

Avanti Classic (handicap)

Jason: its a stupid race 'im not doing it'
Damon: Handicaps can be stupid as you can bust your ass all day for nothing..

I ignored this sound advice and headed out to lowood with all intensions of winning $2k, I ended up with a shitty handicap coming off the chopping block at 2:30mins up on scratch with Stu Cowin. Damon and Stu Mulhern were two groups ahead at 6:30, It all boiled down to all of us busting our balls for 90k's for nothing as the winners were 4mins ahead. I faded off the back of the large chase group over the final few hills and both Stu's and Damon finished strongly in the group.

our group averaged 43kph for the 90k, scratch must have been smoking.

Great training in the end and am very happy to have blown out the last of my Man Cold!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mate thanks for the input and despite the handicapper not favouring the backmarkers it was certainly great training! Two hours at threshold is pretty hard to match!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.