Hi All
First of all I would like to say next time I would like more wolves in my wolf pack please...
Anyway the Tour started out with a 14.5k TT and conditions could not have been better. My Start time was around 8:30am and the temperature had picked up to maybe 14 degrees. I had a really good warm-up and climbed this steep hill near the start line around 10 times and did around 45mins. We were starting 30 secs apart and just before a fusion rider before me started I said, "i feel good, see you soon.." he laughed haha but anyways around 3 mins later he saw me again.
The first 4 or so kms were hilly and as i was really warm i was able to hit them really hard. As I got to the main road i had already caught the guy in front and was nearly to the next guy. It took me a bit longer on the flat to catch the next guy but as i caught him, i saw the next rabbit. So i caught 3 as i flew towards the finish on "the P3 Rocket" and had another 3 riders within seconds as i finished.
I went back to the accomodation without knowing my result and announced "I WON" as surely the "the Rocket" could not be beat. Mind you i had no idea what time i did as i did not have a computer but i said i beat 22mins for sure (as i was sure i was faster than 40km/hr). Anyways turns out there were 4 guys out there that had faster rocket ships than me.
NExt event was the sat short road race. I knew this race would be uneventful from around 20 mins in. The leaders team was strong and they just sat on the front. I decided to sit in and go for the sprint and save my energy untill the next day. I was in 5th 45 seconds down on the leader. I was in the mix in the sprint, i jumped from train to train and was in perfect position to sprint, but i just didn't have the legs to come around the guy in front and got a little swamped on the line for 8th overall. I moved up to 4th overall as one guy got dropped and the guy that was in 6th also moved up to 4th so i was tied as he got a 4 second time bonus on the stage.
Going into the 3rd and very hard stage (so i thought it would be) i decided that i could still win i just had to ride hard on the last lap. As it turned out the guy in the lead was so strong he pretty much soloed everybreak back so i decided to save my energy and just try hang on to my fourth or move up to 2nd or 3rd as we couldn't break this guy. On the very last hill all the top 5 were still there and i was battling for a time bonus to take 4th overall. I sprinted up the last little hill, went a little early and started to fade around 100m to go. I had the guy that was tied with me right on my wheel trying to come around and my brother saw me sitting down. He ran beside me screaming "GET OUT OF THE F C KIN SADDLE NOW< PEDAL YOU PUSSEY".
I then got out of the saddle screaming in pain, Sarah running alongside also screaming and ringing her bell and just pipped the guy for 4th got a time bonus to just hang on to 4th. I stuck around for presentation and got a call up on the podium (kinda...) first prize for me all year I THINK. anyways was quite surprised to win $300 bucks for 4th !
Anyways looking forward to the winding down of the season for me, i will be racing cunningham and then maybe taking a little break and gearing up for some triathlons!!!HAHAHA (no seriousily i am) yeahhaa
SOrry if the post was kinda long winded, but there you go!
4 comments:
Nice one mate. So close. I hope to be a wolf in your hunting pack soon!
Well done rocket man top result! Great weekend of racing, made for some excellent spectating :)
Mate that's a sick report and awesome result!! Wish I was there to help as I still owe you a few lead outs!!
Nice on mate. Finally got some coin! And put your talents and form to good use at the end of the race one time :)
Post a Comment