This weekend I went to the Coast to compete in my first SCT.
The Tour had 3 stages over 2 days (Sat and Sun) C Division.
Sat: ITT (15km flat course) Stage 1
Sat: Road Race Stage 2 (40km flat)
Sun: Road Race Stage 3 (40km hilly)
Sat morning, ITT Glasshouse Mts
Well I did not have the best start.....
Firstly I forgot my Walet and this had my Racing Licence inside. So the race organisers was going to allow me to race and then go back to my parents house (50km away) between the 2 stages. But the race officials did not like the gravel on the road from the weekday construction so the race was moved to Caloundra. So I had to drive back to get my stuff. I started at the back of the pack and I needed to start about 15min after I got back so not much of a warm up.
I got 3rd but I was 1min 5sec behind first place.
Sat Lunch, Road Race Caloundra
Well the bunch was not wanting to do any work and also I tried to make some break aways but no other racers wanted to come. The course was very windy so it was hard to stay away.
Near the end of the race one rider asked if I could sprint. Which I said that I could not...
It ended up that was the last lap and all the riders we getting ready for the final sprint. The officials did not use any bell for the last lap because the A grade was passing us just as we were on the last lap, and they had 5 laps to go. I ended up with 3rd place after the confusion.
Also I was in 2nd on GC with the time bonus from the RR, so down by 1min.
Sun Morn, RR North Arm
So I was very keen to attack hard today because I was 1min down on 1st place. So I did 3 attacks on all 3 of the major hill climbs. But the leader was the only rider who was staying with me in the break away. So it was 1km from the end and I had 2nd place rapped up, and a chance to win the last road race. It was the two riders left with a gap of about 30sec on the main field. I got a big shock because my back wheel got a flat tyre (F%&' you s$%$# tyre). So i rode the last 700m on a flat tyre and got passed by a few riders. I got 6th and dropped to 5th in the GC.
Well I was very disappointed with the flat but that was out of my control. Always next time.
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment