Friday, March 25

Mt Cotton B Grade Report

A wet track made me nervous before the start given the nature of the course. I remember some corners in last years dry race that caused some trouble for a lot of the riders, so wasn't looking forward to what the wet was going to do to them. The race started fast with Tineli Racing attacking at every opportunity. With my mind made up that I wanted to get away from the pack, I followed all I could. Around the halfway stage, no breaks had established and I found myself pretty cooked. The whistle was blown for the prime lap and we remained all together. Around the back straight, two riders jumped away and fought it safely away from the nervous remaining riders. Luckily, the rain had ceased and the course was starting to dry up. I hung onto the back of the race for a bit, thinking I wouldn't finish. Tineli kept the attacks going but continued to be unsuccessful. I thought I started to feel a little better, but now I realise it was probably everyone else getting tired. I moved my way up near the front with about 5 minuted to go. It all ended with a well driven Tineli lead out train, starting about half a lap from the finish. Being on the outside of the track for the last left hander didn't help my chances. I guess my lack of experience didn't put me in the right position to fight for overall honors, but riding with the A grade boys at Muzz, I hope to learn a lot about where to be and what to do at the pointy end of a race.
Next up, Team Series 1. Goal there: Getting Richard Allen to turn green.

Adam A

No comments: