Muzza C
Well after waking up on sat morning, and looking at the dark clouds in the sky, I was unsure if I should race. I found out that most of the other C graders had the same feeling, and only 13 lined up for the start at Muzza. After 20min of easy pace, the group started thinking about the Prime. I was more thinking of the main finish, but I found myself in 4th wheel on the last corner and my focus quickly changed, but my slow reaction meant I got 2nd on the sprint (dam). Then 1 rider used the B grade warning lap to attack the main field and start a solo break away, which he held to the end. On the final lap I was unaware of the solo break away, and I linded up in 3rd wheel for the final sprint. After crossing the line I was told of my second place, and I was glad I did not selibrate the win (that I did not get). I am still very happy with this result on the wet morning.
North Arm B
The race had a smaller field than planned due to the bad weather, so both A grade and B grade started together. This meant the pace was high for the first lap due the A graders wanting to kill us. The pace cooled down on the second lap, and the B graders has decreased in size already. On the 3rd lap of 4 a break away was established with all of the A grade riders and 5 of the B graders. The A graders were doing it easy, and making sure they did not fall on the corners as the rain was falling harder by now. On the last lap I tried to attack on the final hill, but the A graders did not let me get far. The good thing about this is I could hold on over the climb and this got rid of 2 other of my other B graders. So the final sprint was comming up soon, and I was going to at least get 3rd so this was a good thought. I lined up behind the strongest B grade ride, and let him lead out the final sprint. I was able to come around on the inside and take the win. All of the A`s finished well ahead of us, but I am very glad to keep up with them (most of the way), even if they took the race on the easy side.
I am so happy with my results this weekend, I had 2 great races this weekend.
See you all for this weeks training,
adam
No comments:
Post a Comment