Sizzling summer series rd 3
The day started with a nice casual ride out to the creastmeadbut as we got closer it looked like the A graders had drawn the short straw and were going to be hit with rain. All the Data3 Cisco Capilano honey boys gathered for a chat before the race with the aim of getting Myself as close to the win as possible and with the major objective of getting me on the podium for the overall classification. After discussing tactics we lined up and as expected the race started out hard with Dave Melville attacking from the gun and then to make things better the rain joined us, with nervous riders in the peloton it was only a matter of time before a gap open, after about 15minutes that gap finally appeared and everyone who was anyone was in it including Darren Rolfe (fly V) Hayden Brooks (fly V) peter Thompson (tinelli) but there was one problem I was sitting to far back and missed the move but with a strong team around me I was able to call upon Dave Demarco to drag me across the gap and get things back under control. The attacks kept coming and Darren rolfe set sail and it didn't look like we would see him again but withchewey, and the 3 dave's all swapping off with the tinelliguys we managed to bring him back. After doing so much work and been crook all week dave brown finally cracked and had to pull the pin, but we still had 4 strong riders up front. We finally got the 3 laps to go sign and for me thatswhen the race started and the nerves started to kick in, but with the likes of chewey doing massive efforts to keep me out of the wind and the now 2 daves controlling the attacks it made it so much easier and al I had to do was pick the good wheel. With 2 laps to go I was on the right wheel before I received a nice chop from Matt Wood it forced me to unclip and somehow I missed the gutter and stayed upright. With the adrenaline now taking over from the nerves I thought It was only fair I go back up and throw and chop back at Matt and then it was on for the whole last lap. Hayden Brooks andDarcey roselund managed to get a gap with half a lap to go but the inform rider of the series pete Thompson road across the gap and then beat everyone one to the line in a dominant display. I was able to hang on for 4th and that was enough to move me from 4th overall at the start of the day to 2nd overall by the end. I personally want to thank all my team mates for helping me throughout the series it was great to have your support and I cant wait to return the favour. And also massive thanks to all the sponsors its great to have people who are willing to invest money and time into this team and its great that who can get results and exposure for you.(sorry about spelling mistakes)
Sam.
Details of Data#3's transmission content disclaimer can be accessed here -
www.data3.com.au
No comments:
Post a Comment