Monday, May 30

C Masters Metropolitan Road Race - 4th place

Short and sweet - after spending most of the day in downtown Boonah (the joys of having a wife racing now) Our grade headed off around 1pm with a field of 60 riders. Weather was good, no wind and best of all no rain. First lap was uneventful however the second lap it would appear some thoughtful soul decided to throw a few glass bottles on the stretch of road near the hills and after my run of flat tyres I'm surprised I got away without a problem.

Coming into Mt Alford on the last lap I found myself at the front heading into the main straight and then the sprint was on. The dash to the line seemed to go on forever and when the dust had settled I had picked up a fourth place.
















(surely there's room there for 4)

1 comment:

terence said...

Well done Martin. Solid and consistent!!