Sunday, June 26

Eudlo Road Race Report 26/6




Hey Team,



The Sunshine Coast was not living up to its name, with cool wind, and light rain greeting the cyclists today, well it could be much worse. My race preparation did not start well, after only arriving to start line 30min before, I realised that I forgot my wallet (and my licence). But the organisers were understanding and still let me race. Thank you to my dad who gave me some money to enter the race. So both A grade and B grade (which I was in) started together and 50 kms of hills at Eudlo awaited us (3 laps and 1 Wall).



So the race started, and on the first hill and all of A grade attacked and was never to be seen again for the rest of the race. I felt inspired and decided to try a small attack on the second hill (still on the first lap) to see who was keen. So one of the Mainline riders grabbed my Jersey and hold me back. He said "don't attack this lap, its too early" he had a point but it still made me mad. Then for the rest of the lap I stayed behind him and let him do all the work on the front. The sun came out and started warming us up, and drying out the road which was very welcome.

So on the second lap on the first hill I attacked harder and was able to break him, and set up a 3 man break away. Both were Sunshine coast riders, and they have raced at the track before, so they knew not to go to hard too early. They were very knowledgeable and helped with setting the tempo, and calling the places to work hard in. We worked hard, and worked well together for the two remaining laps.



The finish line was coming up fast and all we had was a 17% 400m climb. Well it was a slow sprint finish, but I was able to out climb the other two riders and win by 1m. With the win I was able to pay my dad back for the entry fee, and keep some for myself.







I hope all had a safe and enjoyable weekend.



adam clark


No comments: