Saturday, June 4

Muzza C Grade 4 June 2011

Adam, Mick and I lined up with an average size field today. It was a slow start, and we were passed by B grade early on, and respectfully restrained ourselves from a chase (after a blast from the Comm's a few weeks ago). No breakaways today. None seemed keen. I found myself off the front a few times but no takers, so I rolled back. The last 3 laps were on us pretty quick. Adam was working the front well. I did the 3rd last lap on the front and then rolled back, grabbed Mick's wheel on the back of the pack and Mick then piloted us both to the front over the next two laps, putting us in good position for the sprint. And then it was on !! I had an excellent view as all blasted by me but was never in the hunt. Mick and Adam went hard. Adam picked up a good 3rd followed very closely by Mick in 4th.

Then, came Matt in D-Grade. He seemed to spend a lot of time on the front and finished strong to come 2nd. Well done.

No comments: