Muzza B1 Race Report 09/07/2011
Well a very cold morning greeted Todd and Myself. So a group of 40 riders started the B1 race and the pace was high from the start. Todd moved to the front of the field and was watching for the break away. As the pace was around 42km/h the group wanted to stay together. I was very happy with that, because I was always looking for the biggest rider I could find so I could hide and stay warm. The 20min mark came quickly and I moved to the front to make sure I was not dropped before the Prime. I found myself in 10th wheel on the prime lap, but I was not close enough to push for a place so I just followed wheels and stayed safe. After the prime the sun started to warm us up, and the speed increased to 50km/h in the middle of the race, which stopped the posibilty of break aways and the bunch stayed together for the rest of the race. On the final 3 laps both Tood and I moved up to the front to get in the mix. On the last corner the rider Todd was following hit his pedals and almost came down so this slowed many people down. It was good that no one was hurt. I was luckly to be in 15th wheel, and was not impacted by this. I saw no sense in sprinting for 14th place so I held my position and came 15th.
Personally this race was a big improvement for me, last week in B I came 34th in 40 riders and was with a group that was not keen to chase and work hard. This week I pushed to stay at the front and finished the race strong.
hope to see you all in training,
adam clark
No comments:
Post a Comment