Sunday, March 14

North Arm Race Report:


Well the weekend has been filled with rain and more rain. Anyway, I went to Sunshine Coast to help my sister move house. I also went to North Arm to do a road race. Well I think the race was more interesting, so I`ll let you know about that.

The Start was a bit too slow, so I made everyone work to catch me. As we got to the first hill, the bunch was together. Half way up I saw that the field had split; I did not like my sprinting legs, so I decided to attack. By the top of the hill, it was down to me and another rider. I looked back and we had 10m or so gap. I said to him let`s go, and we pushed a high pace and our attack was working. As the race progressed, we gained by working together evenly, communicating. By the last 2km we realised that they would not catch uc and it was down to us, and an uphill sprint. Well if I had the choice I like uphill more than the faster sprints. So he started the sprint about 50m too early, and faded before the line. So I won the race by half a bike length. I was over the moon. This was my first race win, and parents and girlfiend were there to watch this.

Yay!!


Adam

3 comments:

JaseP said...

congratulations mate, that is great. Nice riding.

The Todd said...

Nice One

Matthew Chew said...

Well done. How far was it??