Saturday, May 7

Muzza Race Report C Grade

Hi All,

Well after reading the massive efforts by all our team at the battle, well done all!

Today Muzza C had 56 riders and only 2 from D3 so I could see a bunch sprint from the mile away. Both David and I lined up for crit we talked about doing a few break aways to get some fitness. So the first lap was very clear what all the riders were thinking, do as little and sit in until the end lap. So the speed of the first lap was 35km/h, so this was very annoying, so started the first move of the day.

This gladly woke 10 riders up and they become more active, and I slipped back to watch the fun. David went for break away and he was riding very strong, and was joined by 5 riders, this group stayed out front for 2 or so laps. This was disorganised and was not working well together, and was caught (dam).

So After the prime 2 young riders started to break away, and 4 other stronger riders joined, so I was pulled into the action, this group worked better together and stayed away for 10 min. I thought this would be a winning move, and so did the rest of the group so we put lots of effort into this move, but was unsuccessful with 50 other riders all wanting a bunch sprint....

After we were caught the pace slowed and we were able to get back into the race, and get some air back. The 2 lap sign was soon after, and I wanted to upset the hopes of the sprinters, so off I go 100% effort, but I did not have enough legs to last (I only got away for half lap). But the effort had made the speed pick up and only 4 riders contested the sprint, and Dave and I had a good training ride.

I hope the rest of the team had a good tri at gold coast.

See you all soon,

adam

No comments: