After a wet Saturday, it was great to see the sun out to what would be a 30 minute hard crit race. The D3 team were featured in all races and with Martin Bicknell 3rd Masters C and Chris Elder 3rd Elite C, the pressure was on for a place.
I like the Hotdog type circuit and as it was 30 minutes plus 2 laps it would be go from the gun. We started well and the pace was up. first 2 laps everyone was finding thier place. As expected being toward the front was the go coming into the hair pin turns and then out of the saddle and back up to speed. Downed a honey shot here.
20 mins in we were all still together with the pace still fairly high. Several single man attacks were attempted but the wind and the chase closed them down. At the 30 min mark and 2 laps to go, I was not the best position towards the back considering the tight last turn into the sprint.
I moved up well over the 2nd last lap to be 8th wheel on the bell lap
Coming into the right hander towards the finish I was now 6th. With no regrets I moved to the left and sprinted. With 300 meteres out, I had gapped the field. Element of surprise here and deciding to back myself I was off.
Coming to the line however I started to suffer and had run out of gears. I was pipped from first to third from behind. 1/2 a bike length between 1st, 2nd 3rd. 56km/h HR 199 BPM
It is good to be back on the podium after breaking ribs at Christmas and my big bike accident on cyclelogical 3 months ago.
A big thanks to all the D3 team who entered and the encouragement and cheers as we went. Well done to Terrence for finishing in the bunch having not been riding much over the last few weeks.
See you next week.
2 comments:
todd, i only made it to 26mins! lower back was crucified. and the avg HR of 189 thanks to lack of fitness... well down mate great result in a strong field.
great work Todd
Post a Comment